What’s New in version 4.0.2
Support for more advanced themes. See “Theme Designers” further down for details.
Modified Theme Designer window:
Added “Draw Advanced Button hit boxes”.
Window will be restored if it was open when you quit the program.
Fixed bug creating a VTP if “Ignore unsupported files” was checked.
When the normal Toolbar is hidden by an advanced theme the new Disconnect button will display the current ping value when the cursor hovers over it.
Modified main window to display a balloon detailing theme features when the theme is changed.
Fixed problem of toolbar and mutebar vertical sizes calculated incorrectly when the window position has a negative vertical location on the desktop. This is possible on dual monitor systems that are stacked vertically instead of horizontally and the monitor on top is negative relative to the monitor on the bottom.
The built-in “Classic” theme now has two new appearances which include the old version 3 style side buttons. One is text buttons like v3 and the other uses Icons. They both use the new Panel system.
Modified File Transfer to update status every 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds.
When selecting a target User for a Deferred Message or File Transfer the window now remembers the last known sort order selected by the User.
The User selected in the main window tree will be the default selected user name when sending a Deferred Message.
Modified the Pending Message popup window to have a new check box “Use pop up menu when message button clicked”. When this option is checked a popup menu will be displayed instead of the window and will show relevant pending notifications.
Modified Menu/SCP option “Miscellaneous - Copy comment URL” to work when a channel is selected in addition to users.
Renamed the “Error Message List” window to be called “Message List” so that it can be used generically.
Fixed channel editor bug allowing selection of the RAW wave codec that doesn’t have any formats due to server side bandwidth configuration.
Fixed bug when channel windows are minimized and clicking the OK button in Setup causes them to reappear.
Created new “Examp-“ themes to demonstrate the new 4.0.2 features. Not refined for everyday use. Also included a skeleton example.
When Theme Designer mode is enabled a real Side Control Panel will display its function code at the end of flyover text.
Added support for Theme update checks. With the new theme Panels and Border buttons we will be updating some of the older themes to take advantage of the new features.
Mac: Fixed URL links in scrolling fields not being detected correctly.
Mac: Fixed bug when closing a master window that had channel window minimized not correctly closing the channel window.
Created Advanced Button controls.
Support for Panels.
Support for Border buttons.
Advanced Button versions of select SCP functions can now be added to Panels or Borders. The SCP functions added are at the theme designer’s discretion. Flagship industries has standardized on 5 specific functions:
Added Pan??? keys to themes. Adds an Advanced Button to a Panel.
Added Brd??? Keys to themes. Adds an Advanced Button to the Border.
Added SCP# keys to [MainBorder] and [Panel] topics.
Added AllowChannel key to [Main] topic. Prevents the specified appearance being used as a channel appearance.
Added HideBar key to [MainToolbar], [MainMute] and [MainBorder] topics. This allows the designer to hide the normal toolbar, mutebar and titlebars respectively.
Added HideButtons key to [MainMute] and [MainBorder] topics. This prevents the old buttons from being displayed if you do not use the HideBar option.
Added SizeVert key to [MainMute] forcing the mute bar to be a specific vertical size.
Added FolderBrd key [MainToolbar], [MainMute] and [MainBorder] topics to override the folder for finding advanced buttons being used by Brd??? keys.
Added FolderPan key [MainToolbar], [MainMute] and [MainBorder] topics to override the folder for finding advanced buttons being used by Pan??? keys.
Added PanelList key to [Main] to specify topic names of specific panels for this window.
Added support for themes to use #define and #undefmod C-Style directives. Very useful to simplify multiple appearances. Download the themes “Examp-DefineHelpers” or “Examp-MultiMute” for example usage.
New appearance “Modular Terminal”.
New appearances “Border Baubles” and “Inset Border Baubles”
New appearance “Hexed Buttons”.
Dog appearance modified to use panels.
New appearances for several color variants. “Floating Interface” and “Rune Controls”.
New appearance “Coconut Menu”.
New appearance “Advanced Interface”
Example Themes for Designers:
What’s New in version 4.0.1
Added support for double clicking VTP (theme) files to change the active theme of the last known active main window. Dragging is still supported.
Added support for double clicking VRF (recording) files to open the recording window of the last known active main window. Dragging is still supported.
Added system Icons for VRF files.
Modified Server Browser to support the servers that use SRV Records.
Modified Server Browser to respond faster when detecting that a server is not responding.
Fixed potential dead-lock when shutting down the client.
Fixed inconsistent behavior relating to the default Ventrilo Event Text (VET) file.
Modified User notification message when connecting to an incompatible server.
Modified upgraded and new installations to default the SCP indicators so that they both use overlay mode.
Fixed deferred messages to display the correct color indicators showing who the message is from if the new message arrives while the window is already open.
Fixed upgrade / install initial help balloons confusing the interface if the user clicked the extended mode button.
Fixed exporting a VRF file to WAV file so that if the wave file is larger than 4GB the remainder will be clipped.
Fixed focus issue in Private Chat window if input string is empty.
Fixed issue with Deferred Message window not playing the 'new message' sound when the window is already open.
Fixed Logitech display not showing Users connecting to server.
Fixed possible hardware support dead-lock.
Fixed issue of windows not saving size / position during certain conditions.
Modified SRV Record lookup to be as fast as the Windows client.
Fixed some borders not displaying correctly when scaling up and down.
Fixed some rich-edit style windows not resetting their content correctly.
Fixed issue of window not minimizing on OSX 10.13 or newer. Problem did not exist on OSX 10.12 or older.
Minor tweak to the use of Cocoa API that should offer some slight improvement to rendering performance.
What’s New in version 4.0.0
- The number of changes made to Version 4 are too numerous to mention and would read like a novel. The following is a brief highlight of some of the major changes.
- The new default transmit indicator is “Flash User Name”, located in Setup > GUI. It is recommended that Avatars be enabled and User Icons be disabled.
Multiple Themes are included with the ability to create your own. Re-sizing the window on some themes will reveal additional effects. Additional Themes are available for download from the Themes Library. Some themes may require an increase in the font size or setting the font to "bold" mode.
NOTE: Per theme/appearance allows irregular shaped windows and per-pixel alpha/transparency
- Multiple Main-Window breakout
Multiple server connections can now be implemented by opening new Main-Windows.
- User Profile bind key
Hitting the defined bind key will open a new Main-Window for the User-Name associated with that bind key. NOTE: If the same User-name is associated with multiple servers then the "Description" option in User-name setup needs to have a unique description assigned for every bind key with that name that is created. The description will be displayed in parentheses after the User-name.
- Multiple Channel-Window breakout
Individual channels can now be displayed in separate windows. Drag-drop the channel name to the window.
- Side Control Panels (SCP)
Main window "right-click" options are now available as buttons on either side of the Main and Channel window. Right-click on the SCP to select a view option.
- Press and hold the Mute Bar menu button for half a second to automatically open a new SCP window. Menu Button option is enabled in the Setup > GUI tab.
- Push-To-Talk button has been added to the Mute bar at the bottom of the window.
- Targeted File Transfer
Files can be sent to other Users whether they are online or offline. File options include "Delete after all recipients have downloaded", "save the file in server Memory" (instead of on the server hard drive), and "mark the file as Private".
Users can now select, download, or create their own Avatars.
- Registered Users on the server can change their password from the Server setup window.
- Channel / User comments with a URL included are now displayed as an underlined link. Hover the cursor over the link to display the URL. Control-click the link to send the URL to the default browser.
- Application event sounds are now stored in the Documents\VentriloData\Wav\AppEvents folder which is always unique to each system login account. Each time the program starts it will check this folder for any missing files and install a default version of each file name. If the file already exists it will NOT be refreshed from the program. This allows the User to create their own version of each event sound.
- Main Window Font attributes
Font attributes (style, size, color, etc.) can be changed for Channel, User, Comment, Integration. The font size can be changed temporarily using the key commands listed below.
- Admin of Server Admins (Server > User Editor)
If checked this account will be logged in as a Super Admin (aka: God Mode). Be careful when giving Users this permission as they will have absolute control of the server including the ability to modify and / or delete the regular Server Admins.
- Unicode support
- The “Lobby” has been converted to a pseudo-channel. Channel Admin for the Lobby can be assigned to Users which allows Channel Admins to move Users to the Lobby (if the Channel Admin has the "Move users" permission).
- Version 4 executable is located in Windows directory \Program Files\VentriloPro\ . All other associated files are now located in \Documents\VentriloData\ (also in \Documents\VentriloData\ on Mac OSX)
- Server setup now supports SRV record lookup. See SRV Record Lookup for more information. MAC OSX will have a short delay before populating the IP/Port information while resolving the Hostname before connecting.
- Main window size / location is now saved for each server name that is selected.
- Chat window character limit has been increased for Global / Private / Deferred Message. Also, 'CTRL + Enter' will issue a CR/LF allowing multiple lines to be entered without performing the "send" function.
- Users that are muted will still be recorded when using the "Record" function. Users that are "Globally Muted" will NOT be recorded.
- Server Rcon Commands
LOGGREP command has been enhanced. Type "loggrep -?" to display more options.
New FX command for "File Transfer" options. Type "fx" to display more options.
- Setup will remember the last tab that was viewed for each Main Window since the program was started.
Keyboard Commands - Main and Channel windows