What’s New in version 4.0.0
- The number of changes made to Version 4 are too numerous to mention and would read like a novel. The following is a brief highlight of some of the major changes.
- The new default transmit indicator is “Flash User Name”, located in Setup > GUI. It is recommended that Avatars be enabled and User Icons be disabled.
Multiple Themes are included with the ability to create your own. Re-sizing the window on some themes will reveal additional effects. Additional Themes are available for download from the Themes Library. Some themes may require an increase in the font size or setting the font to "bold" mode.
NOTE: Per theme/appearance allows irregular shaped windows and per-pixel alpha/transparency
- Multiple Main-Window breakout
Multiple server connections can now be implemented by opening new Main-Windows.
- User Profile bind key
Hitting the defined bind key will open a new Main-Window for the User-Name associated with that bind key. NOTE: If the same User-name is associated with multiple servers then the "Description" option in User-name setup needs to have a unique description assigned for every bind key with that name that is created. The description will be displayed in parentheses after the User-name.
- Multiple Channel-Window breakout
Individual channels can now be displayed in separate windows. Drag-drop the channel name to the window.
- Side Control Panels (SCP)
Main window "right-click" options are now available as buttons on either side of the Main and Channel window. Right-click on the SCP to select a view option.
- Press and hold the Mute Bar menu button for half a second to automatically open a new SCP window. Menu Button option is enabled in the Setup > GUI tab.
- Push-To-Talk button has been added to the Mute bar at the bottom of the window.
- Targeted File Transfer
Files can be sent to other Users whether they are online or offline. File options include "Delete after all recipients have downloaded", "save the file in server Memory" (instead of on the server hard drive), and "mark the file as Private".
Users can now select, download, or create their own Avatars.
- Registered Users on the server can change their password from the Server setup window.
- Channel / User comments with a URL included are now displayed as an underlined link. Hover the cursor over the link to display the URL. Control-click the link to send the URL to the default browser.
- Application event sounds are now stored in the Documents\VentriloData\Wav\AppEvents folder which is always unique to each system login account. Each time the program starts it will check this folder for any missing files and install a default version of each file name. If the file already exists it will NOT be refreshed from the program. This allows the User to create their own version of each event sound.
- Main Window Font attributes
Font attributes (style, size, color, etc.) can be changed for Channel, User, Comment, Integration. The font size can be changed temporarily using the key commands listed below.
- Admin of Server Admins (Server > User Editor)
If checked this account will be logged in as a Super Admin (aka: God Mode). Be careful when giving Users this permission as they will have absolute control of the server including the ability to modify and / or delete the regular Server Admins.
- Unicode support
- The “Lobby” has been converted to a pseudo-channel. Channel Admin for the Lobby can be assigned to Users which allows Channel Admins to move Users to the Lobby (if the Channel Admin has the "Move users" permission).
- Version 4 executable is located in Windows directory \Program Files\VentriloPro\ . All other associated files are now located in \Documents\VentriloData\ (also in \Documents\VentriloData\ on Mac OSX)
- Server setup now supports SRV record lookup. See SRV Record Lookup for more information. MAC OSX will have a short delay before populating the IP/Port information while resolving the Hostname before connecting.
- Main window size / location is now saved for each server name that is selected.
- Chat window character limit has been increased for Global / Private / Deferred Message. Also, 'CTRL + Enter' will issue a CR/LF allowing multiple lines to be entered without performing the "send" function.
- Users that are muted will still be recorded when using the "Record" function. Users that are "Globally Muted" will NOT be recorded.
- Server Rcon Commands
LOGGREP command has been enhanced. Type "loggrep -?" to display more options.
New FX command for "File Transfer" options. Type "fx" to display more options.
- Setup will remember the last tab that was viewed for each Main Window since the program was started.
Keyboard Commands - Main and Channel windows